July 21, 2020 - Olivia Mode-Cater
Dance ED Tip #106: A Sneak Peek at DET’s latest Back to School Kits!
I’ve been having lots of conversations with dance teachers the past couple of days and it seems like everyone is starting to reach their breaking point and are burning out… HARD.
We, as a field, have been changing and adapting since March. And, the thought of having to figure out how to teach dance this Fall when we don’t know if we’re going to be in person, online, or some crazy mix of two feels really overwhelming.
We totally get how you feel and want to help.
Over the past 2 months, the Dance Ed Tips team has been working hard to create resources that will support you and help you survive the unknown this Fall. We created 10 different Back to School Kits that work online and in-person and can keep you going for several months.
Here’s a little sneak peek at what goodies will be launching July 31st.
1. The Back to School Kit: STARTER PACK
DET’s Starter Packs are designed to give you a strong foundation in your curriculum, dance teaching, and communication with families and caregivers. In them we’ve included things like:
- Welcome games to do during the first week of classes
- Sub Plans in case you are out sick
- A Parent Pack with 5 different resources on why dance is important
- 5 different decks of dance cards that you can use to play HUNDREDS of dance games
- Posters for your studio
- Order forms
- And 20 other incredible resources that will help you thrive
We have 4 different types of STARTER PACKS:
- Middle/High School Edition (Available in English & Spanish/Disponible en Inglés y Español)
- Elementary School Edition (Available in English & Spanish/Disponible en Inglés y Español)
- Studio Edition (Available in English & Spanish/Disponible en Inglés y Español)
- Early Childhood Edition (This one was made with help from our friends at Intellidance Method!)
Each kit is designed to fit that particular dance teacher’s needs and is filled with amazing resources that you will use YEAR AFTER YEAR.
2. The Back to School Kit: 2020-2021 Edition
DET’s Back to School Kits: 2020-2021 Edition contain all of our latest resources to make online and in-person dance teaching fun and engaging! These kits are really all about inspiring your teaching–keeping you up-to-date with all the latest and giving you tons of ideas to keep things fresh and exciting. In these we’ve included things like:
- New welcome games and sub plans (These are different from the ones in the Starter Packs.)
- Class expectations and class contract worksheets
- 3 new decks of dance cards that you can use to play HUNDREDS of dance games
- Feedback posters
- Our entire Under-Represented Black Dance Artists Bundle (filled with posters, worksheets, and more)
- And 20 other incredible resources that will help you thrive this Fall 2020
We have 3 different types of 2020-2021 Back to School Kits:
- Middle/High School Edition
- Elementary School Edition
- Studio Edition
The Starter Packs and the 2020-2021 Editions are completely different. This means you can buy either one or both because there is no overlap!
With these Kits you will not feel stuck this Fall even if you have no idea how you are teaching. With our Back to School Kits the ideas will NEVER stop flowing. You’ll always have something fresh, fun, and informative to bring to your dance class.
All of these kits will be launching on Friday, July 31st! Make sure you join our mailing list so you get all the info and freebies!
Scroll all the way to the bottom of our homepage to sign up!